The modeltranslation application can be used to translate dynamic content of existing Django models to an arbitrary number of languages without having to change the original model classes. It uses a registration approach (comparable to Django’s admin app) to be able to add translations to existing or new projects and is fully integrated into the Django admin backend.
The advantage of a registration approach is the ability to add translations to models on a per-app basis. You can use the same app in different projects, may they use translations or not, and you never have to touch the original model class.
- Add translations without changing existing models
- Fast, because translation fields are stored in the same table
- Supports inherited models
- Django admin support
- Unlimited number of target languages
Table of Contents¶
- Registering Models for Translation
- Accessing Translated and Translation Fields
- Django Admin Integration
- Management Commands