War in Ukraine¶
On February 24th, 2022, Russia invaded Ukraine. I’m sole maintainer of this project staying in safe place, but i don’t know how long it would be safe.
Russian military shelling our cities, targeting civilian population.
Talk to your politics, talk to your friends. Send heavy weapons to Ukraine. Close the sky.
The modeltranslation application is used to translate dynamic content of existing Django models to an arbitrary number of languages without having to change the original model classes. It uses a registration approach (comparable to Django’s admin app) to be able to add translations to existing or new projects and is fully integrated into the Django admin backend.
The advantage of a registration approach is the ability to add translations to models on a per-app basis. You can use the same app in different projects, may they use translations or not, and you never have to touch the original model class.
- Add translations without changing existing models or views
- Translation fields are stored in the same table (no expensive joins)
- Supports inherited models (abstract and multi-table inheritance)
- Handle more than just text fields
- Django admin integration
- Flexible fallbacks, auto-population and more!
For the latest documentation, visit https://django-modeltranslation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.
Table of Contents¶
- Registering Models for Translation
- Accessing Translated and Translation Fields
- Django Admin Integration
- Management Commands